Partner Technology Strategist
The Global Partner Solutions (GPS) team mission is to: build and sell intelligent cloud and intelligent edge solutions with partners, empowering people and organizations to achieve more. GPS is a sales organization accountable for the commercial partner business at Microsoft.
The Partner Technology Strategist (PTS) is at the forefront of our digital transformation efforts for our partners. The PTS plays a critical role in working with partners to align their technology roadmaps with Microsoft's technology priorities, working with them to build new solutions that enable customers to realize the vision of Digital Transformation. The PTS is a Credible Technical Advisor to Partners C-Suite technical and practice management executives sharing a compelling technical vision leading to Partners committing to building new practices based on Microsoft’s technologies.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering
Several years of related experience in technology solutions/practice development, Cloud / Infrastructure technologies with enterprise customers. Knowledge of Microsoft platform preferable, project management, technical Sales and technical account management.
Fluency in Greek and English
Partner & Industry Insights. Deep understanding of digital transformation business drivers, cloud platforms, emerging Cloud trends and their impact on customer opportunities.
- Microsoft Certifications, exp. Azure
- Master degree in computer science, Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Partner & Industry Insights. Synthesizes and combines various business insights to conduct forecasting and develop recommendations. Understands market trends, market opportunities, compliance by reading, attending webinars, conferences delivered by Industry thought leaders such as Gartner, Forrester, IDC.
- Trusted Advisor. Acts as the voice of the partner and internal advocate, joining the Strategic Technology Advisory/Planning groups of partners and contributing with insights that influence the technology roadmaps and investments towards Microsoft.
- Strategy Formulation. Provides analysis of overall partner needs in alignment towards Microsoft’s technology priorities, and advises on gaps that would benefit from Microsoft solutions as part of Industry solution mapping and capacity planning, ensures execution of technology strategy and digital transformation, and creates mid-term and long-term technical and business roadmaps.
- Demand Generation & Orchestration. Orchestrates internal teams to ensure sufficient technical resources for future demands, when appropriate. Leads cross-technology team orchestration through the first mile, first few deals, to ensure partners are ready.
- Differentiated Value Proposition. Partners with a line-of-business leader or senior executive within a partner organization to articulate the value of Microsoft technology/services to meet future business needs, and creates and maintains a vision with business and technology solution scenarios and services.
- Education & Thought Leadership. Uses existing and new readiness resources and demonstrates expertise in creating enablement plans for partners, and provides expertise and is sought out by the Microsoft community at the global level. Envisions the important interdependencies of 3rd party solutions, services and equipment, as well as Partner-to-Partner (P2P) motions for better together strategies among different partners and partner types.
- Ensuring Success. Orchestrates a wide, complex range of components for projects/programs within large, partner accounts, and partners with line-of-business leaders or senior executives within the partner organization.
- Solution Development. Proactively influences large, global partners to develop strategic solution using Microsoft technologies. Oversees the successful development and landing of solutions for customer engagements.
- Partner Enablement. Helps partners build practices or solutions and engages Technical Architects, Industry specialists and Engineering teams for the delivery of workshops, Bootcamps, and trainings necessary to build the technical skills and expertise of partners and influence through solution-sales guidance.