OpenStack & Ceph Engineer
You’ll move the world forward. Every day, we create the most innovative mapping and location technologies to shape tomorrow’s mobility for the better.
We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens, and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for managing the operations of Cloud Services including monitoring, incident resolution, problem management, configuration.
- Capacity planning, availability management, and routine update of services.
- Participate in the day-to-day operational aspects of the department (tickets) and in an on-call rotation for after-hours support.
- Evaluate new software, hardware, and infrastructure solutions.
- Continually developing & maintaining a private cloud platform
- Facilitate the adoption of public cloud and work with the latest cloud technology & tools.
What you’ll need
- 5+ years Linux System administration and engineering experience.
- 3+ years of experience with cloud services and concepts, preferably OpenStack
- 3+ years of experience with Ceph
- Experience using and managing Git
- Experience using and managing Puppet & Ansible
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Nagios and Grafana
- Medium to High-level scripting skills (Bash, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience using PXE or other kickstarting technologies
- Understanding of server hardware and excellent troubleshooting skills
- Exposure to containerization technology (Docker, Kubernetes)
- General Networking skills required (Layer 2 & 3 switches, TCP/IP, SNMP, etc.)
- Hands-on mentality with a demonstrated talent for solving problems proactively
What’s nice to have
- Exposure to Hadoop
- Exposure to GPU HPC clusters
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate with customers, vendors, and partners, across all levels of the organization (English)
- A positive and open approach, we want you to have a voice and bring in new ideas and solutions.
Meet your team
We’re Information Technology. On one of our six teams, you’ll be responsible for capabilities that help ensure TomTom’s business operates efficiently and services are best delivered to customers. These teams and capabilities include: Enterprise IT for business applications such as SAP, Salesforce and Workday; Employee IT for equipment and productivity tools; Information Security to ensure our products, services, and systems are secure; Commercial IT to support our product development teams; Enterprise Architecture to improve business performance; and IT Service Management to ensure our services meet or exceed customer expectations.
As a member of the Compute team, you will help drive the design of the system architecture and actively prepare for new technical implementations (hardware, platform, product and service deployments) as well as provide client support for service-related issues as escalated from Tier1 / Tier2 response team.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – driven to make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple, since life is complex enough; and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely, and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through your onboarding.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.
Ready to move the world forward?