EXPERT DATA SCIENTIST (GLOBAL COMMERCIAL ANALYTICS- S&IP OPTIMIZATION) Open to remote work, except the following locations: CO, SD, VT, and WV
Werde Teil des Teams von NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. stattet nicht nur die besten Athleten der Welt aus. Wir erkunden neue Möglichkeiten, finden Wege und überwinden die Grenzen des Machbaren. Unser Unternehmen sucht nach Menschen, die wachsen, denken, träumen und gestalten möchten. Unsere Unternehmenskultur schätzt Vielfalt und belohnt Einfallsreichtum. Unsere Marke sucht Menschen, die ihre Ziele erreichen, Führungsfähigkeiten haben und den Blick in die Zukunft richten. Bei NIKE, Inc. bringen alle Mitarbeiterinnen und Mitarbeiter ihre Fähigkeiten ein und nehmen immer neue Herausforderungen mit Leidenschaft an.
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Analytics is a competitive differentiator for Nike and is fundamentally changing how the company serves athletes and consumers around the world. The Nike Commercial Analytics team builds analytic-based solutions to manage marketplace and optimize the supply chain. Using big data, advanced analytics and state-of-the-art technology, the team strives to ensure that Nike gets the right product to the right place at the right time for the consumers!WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an experienced Expert Data Scientist to join our Advanced Analytics team within Commercial Analytics. This role will be part of a multi-functional agile squad and will provide technical leadership in building predictive and prescriptive analytic solutions to support Nike’s ‘Supply Chain of the Future’ strategy.
The candidate needs to be an excellent problem solver and have extensive hands-on analytics experience in business analytics, supply chain modeling, and optimization. You have deep understanding of complex technical and business issues. You excel at distilling business complexity and translating requirements into testable hypotheses and usable prototypes. You know how to break down the work, amplify each squad member’s strength and identify/mitigate risks. You help push the boundary of what’s possible and challenge your team to strive for excellence and deliver value!WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
If this is you, you will be part of our Supply and Multi Node Inventory Optimization (S&MN) squad that delivers data science / operations research products to support Nike’s critical supply and inventory planning (S&IP) decisions, including integrated multi-node fulfillment, multi echelon inventory planning, and performance management. You will have opportunities to influence product direction, guide standard methodologies in data science and engineering, and lead technical projects from inception to completion. Specifically, you will:
- Direct the squad through assessment of business requirements, data constraints, and pros/cons of alternative analytics techniques to determine the best solution approach. Facilitate the planning, scheduling and value measurement of the work to meet timeline targets and success criteria.
- Oversee the design, implementation, and maintenance of production grade data science and operation research models to determine optimal level of inventory, capacity, and supply plan.
- Help shape Nike’s central supply chain modeling platform by identifying foundational data science capabilities and creating reusable analytical components.
- Support the adoption of analytic products through effective storytelling and collaboration with key partners.
- Mentor and coach other team members; continue to expand knowledge of data science/analytics trends.
You will work with the Director of Data Science and serve as a technical leader in the S&MN squad, which includes other data scientists, data analysts, engineers and product owner. You will collaborate across our broader organization with our business teams in Demand and Supply Management as well as other data, analytics and technology functions at Nike.
- Advanced quantitative degree (preferably Operations Research, Management Science, or Industrial and Systems Engineering) and at least 7 years of relevant industry experience or Bachelor’s degree with 10-12 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of market demand and supply interactions. In-depth knowledge of supply chain management, supply planning, inventory management, e-commerce, and logistics.
- Highly proficient in optimization tools (such as AIMMS, CPLEX, Gurobi, AnyLogic, and Google OR Tools) and programming languages (particularly Python and SQL).
- Experience in leading the development of simulation, optimization, and what-if scenario planning tools and managing a team through all stages of Data Science/Analytics lifecycle.
- Familiarity with the wide range of data science/analytics software tools (e.g. Jupyter Notebook, SQL consoles, Hadoop, Spark) and cloud computing platforms (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform).
- Familiarity with the Agile development process and demonstrable ability to prepare a project plan, communicate the plan to the team and break the work down to trackable tasks.
- Proven track record of effectively influencing and collaborating with multi-functional partners to identify new opportunities, solve complex business problems and build impactful analytics solutions.
- Good communication skills and experience in conveying complex information in easy-to-understand language.
Open to remote work, except cannot work in Colorado, South Dakota, Vermont, and West Virginia. These candidates will be required to relocate.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. ist ein Wachstumsunternehmen, das nach Mitarbeiterinnen und Mitarbeitern sucht, die mit uns wachsen möchten. Nike bietet ein großzügiges Leistungspaket, ein ungezwungenes Arbeitsumfeld, eine vielfältige und inklusive Unternehmenskultur und eine Atmosphäre, die berufliche Weiterentwicklung begünstigt. Unabhängig von Standort und Rolle verfolgen alle Beschäftigten von Nike gemeinsam ein Ziel: Jedem Athleten* der Welt Inspiration und Innovation zu bringen.
NIKE, Inc. legt bei der Auswahl seiner Mitarbeiter Wert auf Vielfalt. Wir prüfen qualifizierte Bewerber ohne Berücksichtigung von ethnischer Zugehörigkeit, Herkunft, Religion, Nationalität, Alter, sexueller Orientierung, Geschlecht, Geschlechtsidentität, Veteranenstatus und Behinderung.