Chase Home Lending Staff Appraiser - NV - Las Vegas (Remote)
Geographic competency within key market area is required to perform appraisal assignments in a professional manner in compliance with USPAP, federal, state, and Chase requirements. This high caliber appraiser will be trained specifically on Chase valuation requirements and quality standards. The successful candidate will function as an individual contributor and demonstrate strong knowledge of appraisal practices and methodology.
***US Remote Opportunity- Open to several states and counties***
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- State Certified Residential Appraiser will perform residential appraisals for single-family properties, to include condominiums, cooperatives, and multi-family units (1-4 units).
- Competently perform appraisals and conduct level of inspection as required by the specific assignment for local and remote geographic regions.
- Develops supported value opinions on all appraisal assignments.
- Analyzes and evaluates market trends and provides meaningful conclusions.
- Solves complex appraisal problems using recognized appraisal methodology.
- Performs collateral review on 1-4 unit property appraisal reports completed by third party originators.
- Analyze appraisal documents to ensure quality, reasonableness, accuracy and completion in accordance with Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP), Regulatory and Chase guidelines.
- Resolves deficiencies or discrepancies within valuation products while maintaining appraisal independence.
- Understands and leverage data from collateral risk tools, in performance of the appraisal underwrite.
- Effectively communicates appraisal underwriting decision with internal partners as appropriate.
- Appraiser must hold an active state certified appraisal license in good standing and maintain certification requirements.
- Understands and adheres to Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP), JP Morgan Chase appraisal standards and regulatory guidelines.
- Conducts oneself in a professional manner and maintains a professional demeanor and appearance to meets JPMC Code of Conduct expectations. Collaborates effectively with internal customers to ensure seamless customer service. Submits proactive status updates at the order level and responds to all calls/emails/texts in a prompt and professional manner.
- Represent Chase with the highest level of ethics, integrity, and maintain strict confidentiality and discretion.
- Maintain reliable means of transportation.
- Maintains knowledge of technology to enhance efficiency both in the field and in the work environment.
Knowledge and Experience
- Required: Licensed and Certified Residential Appraiser
- Required: 2+ years of recent appraisal experience
- Required: Excellent analytical and decision making skills
- Required: Ability to act independently and consistently make decisions with minimal oversight
- Required: Strong understanding of appraisal practices and methodology including the 3 Chase
- Required: Knowledge of construction standards and building cost estimating tools
- Required: Ability to complete real estate appraisals that are compliant with Federal and State laws, done in accordance with Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP)
- Required: Experience appraising new construction, complex, unique, multi-family
- Required: Competency in Microsoft Office products and appraisal software
- Required: Excellent time management skills in order to multi-task and meet production expectations and deadlines
- Required: Valid Driver’s License
- Preferred: Associate’s Degree
- Preferred: FHA Approved Appraiser, USDA experience
- Requires background check, review of Chase Ineligible List, review of any prior disciplinary actions, verification of active license within state, no current or pending litigation or investigations.
- Demonstrate geographic competency.
The typical pay scale for this role is between $75,000 and $89,000 although pay could be lower or higher based on factors such as experience, skills, etc. This compensation range is specific to Colorado – and may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations. In addition, the role may be eligible for incentives earned as part of the Annual Incentive plan which is discretionary and based on the performance of the firm, the business unit and the individual.
Benefits At-A-Glance “JPMorgan Chase is committed to providing a comprehensive set of benefits choices to meet different employee needs and lifestyles. The JPMorgan Chase U.S. Benefits Program is generally available in whole or in part to most employees in the U.S. who meet the eligibility criteria.”