Customer Engineer, Data - AI
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Do you have a passion for Data and Cloud Services? Do you love to solve problems and help improve the quality of Microsoft's products? Are you customer obsessed and have a growth mindset? If so, this is a great opportunity for you. Microsoft Norway is looking for a Customer Engineer, Data & AI. In this role you will be working with customers and partners building, deploying, operating, and optimizing large complex data environments. You will also be responsible for customer satisfaction, deployment, adoption, and support of enterprise Microsoft deployments.
As a Customer Engineer you will be a key, deep technical advisor for the customer, primarily focused on delivering proactive services such as education workshops, delivering assessments and providing tailored guidance to remove technical blockers for customers. Troubleshooting skills are essential as this role will include working with Microsoft Support to expedite incident resolution. The role can include a mixture of short and long-term customer engagements and can be delivered either remotely or on-premises.
The Customer Engineer is one of the most technically customer focused roles.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission?
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes.
This role is aligned to the Azure Data and AI solution area. We are looking for experts with a strong understanding and experience in Data on Azure. If successful, you will have the opportunity to work on cutting edge Azure Data & AI solutions, collaborate strongly with different teams and will have the opportunity to impact large enterprise customers across Western Europe.
- Must have good experience working with customers in any of the following: consultancy, technical readiness and training, delivery of support services, on-premises and remote technical support, solution design & implementation or related experience.
- Must have related experience with at least 3 of the following technologies:
- Azure SQL
- Azure Synapse Analytics
- Azure Purview
- Azure Databricks
- Azure CosmosDB
- Power BI
- SQL Server (including T-SQL)
- Oracle DB or other Open source DBs
- Database performance tuning and optimization
- NoSQL databases
- Snowflake or Google Big Query or Amazon Redshift/RDS/Athena
Strong Technical Delivery and Customer facing presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences.
Ability to travel internationally and able to obtain a valid passport within 90 days of joining the team.
Fluency in English(required) and Norsk(desired)
Ability to match technical solutions with customer business requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As a Customer engineer you will be expected to:
- Support and accelerate migration and modernization of customer data estate and win with analytics through proactive and repeatable support engagements
- Transform the customer experience with technical intensity and actioning on customer feedback
- Unblocks Consumption and enables successful customer usage of our Azure data products, like Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure SQL, Azure CosmosDB, Power BI, Azure Databricks, Azure Open Source DBs etc.
- Proactively uses knowledge of the products, services, and value propositions of Microsoft and its competitors in customer/partner conversations to identify opportunities to grow the consumption.
- Aligns with Account Team members (e.g., Customer Success Account Managers, Solution Specialists, Cloud Solution Architects) on customer priorities to drive growth in consumption. Creates opportunities to expand or accelerate cloud consumption (including through cloud related managed intellectual property [MIP]) and leads these customer conversations. Coaches others on successful contribution to cloud consumption.
- Contributes or leads a work stream to assess and modify existing IP or creates repeatable content where applicable as a subject matter expert. Provides feedback on MIP, reports IP gaps, and submits, develops, and delivers complex (e.g., size, impact, customer environment) IP to be considered for harvesting and curation. Ensures success through documentation, customer identification, etc.