Cloud Solution Architect - Education1 week ago - Amsterdam - 2 views
Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking – a cloud-enabled world.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This mission is ambitious and at the core of what our customers and employees care deeply about. We have unique capability in harmonizing the needs of both individuals and organizations. We deeply care about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet.
We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas, because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and services. To this end, Microsoft is investing in a dedicated Cloud Solutions Architects team that will help Microsoft education Institutions successfully adopt Microsoft Cloud solution and services.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
• 5+ years of experience implementing and deploying complex, business critical industry solutions, predictive maintenance, credit risk analysis, retail personalization, and/or experience in one or more industry functional areas to support broad engagement
• 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects
• 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications
• Deep technical experience in one or more of the following areas: Software design or development, Application Design, Systems Operations / Management, Database architecture, Virtualization, IP Networking, Storage, IT Security, Linux, HPC, Data Analytics and AI
• Working knowledge of the following programming languages: .NET, C++, Java, JSON, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails, Pig/Hive
• Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives and growing cloud consumption share in large or highly strategic accounts
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences. Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company
The Education Cloud Solution Architect is expected to:
• Drive the deployment of education Microsoft Cloud industry solutions (Azure) and increase their consumption of the platform by providing deployment guidance, supporting development of the customers’ cloud adoption model, and providing appropriate recommendations to overcome blockers for customers.
• Support pre-sale engagements with strategic Accounts and large potential Cloud users.
• Establish deep relationships with key OT/IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption as mean to resolve business problems within their company.
• Understand customer’s business requirements, challenge assumptions to motivate change, identify, validate and grow opportunities, in partnership with the sales team, for deployment of Microsoft and/or 3rd party C+E industry solutions to deliver tangible business value.
• Lead mapping of business/solution goals & requirements to Azure-based architecture and technology solutions while taking a systems-wide view of the customer's existing solution landscape.
• Keep up to date with market trends in target industry, competitive insights and industry regulatory/compliance requirements.
• Coach other technical sellers to become certified in required Azure technical certifications